Enclosed with this letter are the check-in sheets and a sample script you should give to each member. The Calendar Policy will be reviewed at the annual meeting. It is particularly important to keep track of how many calendars you are handing out to each member. Write down their name, the date, # of Calendars and a cell phone# to contact them, if need be. Each member must sell six calendars and return any unsold calendars to you or myself by March 1, 2022 to be able to rodeo in 2021-2022.
Tell your members to sell and turn in the money right away so their names get in the drawings. It is advised to mail a check or money order and DO NOT send cash. Feel free to check with me to see that I have received any money and stubs, to help you track them. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, it is very important to keep track of how many calendars you are handing out to each member. If a member is planning on selling more than 6 calendars, please only give them 10 at a time and make sure they have sent their money and stubs in or that they have given them to you to send in, before you give them any more calendars. Do this unless you know they will sell more - Use your discretion on this – you know those that sell the 30 right away, but you have to be able to get those back if needed. We do not want to prevent sales but must try to keep members from holding on to calendars and not selling or turning them in until the deadline, when others need them. Please provide me with a list each month or more frequently, if you like, of the members that have checked out calendars.
Please email or call me with the number of Calendars you need before the September 25th meeting, I will have them ready for you to pick up there. If I do not hear from you, I will go off your last year’s totals. Please arrange for someone to pick up the calendars at the Annual Meeting, and let me know who that is. If your contact information has changed let me know that as well and I will change it on the website.
I want to personally thank you very much for helping distribute the South Dakota High School Rodeo Calendars! The Calendar Sales fund the whole SDHSRA. They help to fund our National Team, Scholarships, Prizes for members and to promote South Dakota High School Rodeo. Please make you members aware of this! Plus, they are a great archive for SD High School Rodeo.
SDHSRA Calendar Coordinator
SDHSRA CALENDAR PROGRAM POLICY
- ALL SDHSRA MEMBERS MUST SELL 6 SDHSRA CALENDARS BY MARCH 1ST . THIS DEADLINE IS FOR ALL AWARDS OF THE CURRENT YEAR. THE MONEY AND STUBS MUST BE TURNED IN TO THE CALENDAR CHAIRPERSON (POSTMARKED) ON OR BEFORE MARCH 1st . ALL SDHSRA MEMBERS MUST ALSO RETURN ANY UNSOLD CALENDARS BY MARCH 1ST OR THEY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RODEO.
- The Board of Directors will determine the amount of monies the National Qualifiers shall receive. The base amount will be determined from the total amount of calendars sold. National Rodeo Qualifiers will be awarded the base amount plus additional monies according to the number of calendars he/she sold for the current year, in increments of the base only for 6 sold, plus $200.00 for 20 sold, plus $400.00 for 30 sold.
- All members who have not sold the 6 CALENDARS BY MARCH 1ST and HAVE NOT RETURNED ANY UNSOLD CALENDARS BY MARCH 1ST will be placed on an inactive list and will not be eligible to participate in any Practice, Regional or State Finals Rodeo in South Dakota for the current year.
- SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE: Member must attend college within one year after High School graduation or forfeit award. Scholarship is awarded the third semester of college. If member attends a trade school whose term is less than three semesters, they may receive the scholarship the first semester. Scholarships expire one year from second semester.
- It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to provide proper documentation needed to the SDHSRA State Secretary in order to request scholarship award payment.
- Prizes, awards and requirements may change when policy is revised.